Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games do you play?

+7
Levizan
Miako
Olimar
Lorlina
Redweed
Harmonious
akuseri
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What games do you play? Empty What games do you play?

Post  akuseri Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 am

Do you guys play any games other than wow? I don't (well atm I'm away from wow too tho :P), but I used to play a lot of diablo 2 before. D2 just turned ten years yesterday btw.
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

What games do you play? Empty Re: What games do you play?

Post  Harmonious Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 am

Hehe I was thinking about setting up this topic too, you beat me to it Very Happy
I loved Bioshock on the Xbox. I like the Zelda games too. I've got Final Fantasy 13 which I really want to get into but don't know if I can be bothered putting 80+ hours into it.
I still think the best game ever for sheer fun is Mario Kart.

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 am

At first I was like 80+ hours, wow. But then I remembered that I've played wow over 600 hours Very Happy

I used to play xbox. My favorite games were Halo 1-2 nad ofc Knights of the Old Republic 1-2, those games were just awesome.
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 am

haha...if you stop and think about how much time you've devoted to WOW your head can explode...I've lost count. It's the main reason I've put off FF13. I should play it before cataclysm comes out though and then we start all over again Exclamation
I liked Halo 1 and 2 as well...not as struck on Halo 3 for some reason although the graphics are much better. I'll add Project Gotham Racing 4 as so far its stopped me buying a motorbike irl and killing myself. Hey a computer game has saved my life Very Happy

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:40 am

Yah, motorcycles are pretty deadly Sad I was just engaged in a conversation in a gaming forum about bikes. Some idiot Finnish guys said they drive like up to 240-280 km/h on public roads. That's just plain stupid imo...

akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Redweed Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I also love all the halo games but as Harmonious said i'de say Mario kart is probley the best game for just a load of fun Very Happy.
Redweed
Redweed
Seeker
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Mario Kart Wii I could never get into for some reason... :/
What does imo stand for?
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm

imo...in my opinion
You sooooo have to give Mario Kart Wii another go....it rocks.
Free to play over the internet as well!

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:03 am

I don't like Mario kart wii either. I prefer the DS version by miles.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

https://nagrandforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 am

DS version is great too.
Update on Final Fantasy 13. I'm taking the plunge and starting to play today. Only thing is it's summer and I try not to game as much when the sun is out. Also Harmonious is now lvl 77 and I really want to get him to 80 asap. And there's the roleplay to do. There's just not enough hours in the day...what to do? I know, I'll go straight to the corrupt a wish forum and ask for more hours...what can possibly go wrong?

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm

I've been playing Paper Mario a lot recently (you might have guessed from my avatar), not the original but the Gamecube version. Its the best Nintendo game I've ever played, by miles. At least 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles.

(Anyone who can put that long number into words will get a free + Rep.)
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Exclamation The Number is One-Times-Ten-To-The-Power-Of-Thirty-Seven (is that words enough?) Very Happy
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Uh, I don't know, I think its 10 to the power of 40. I'm a bit confused now. Powers are annoying Shocked. I'll give you a plus rep anyway.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:09 pm

haha thanks, tbh I lost count of how many zeros there were, hehe just checked it there are 40 zeros Very Happy oh well was close enough Wink
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 pm

The English name for the number 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 is a ten duodecillion. Thanks to my book by Jonny Ball 'Think of a number...'.

So it's the best Nintendo game you've ever played by ten duodecillion miles.
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 am

I'll give you a plus rep too Lorlina. I'm still stuck on it really. Shocked
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Levizan Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Well when i was young i kinda wasted my life on RuneScape xD
Crappy graphics and wow beats it by miles..
But i have to say at the moment im loving Fallout 3, COD, Mass Effect 2 and im waiting for Diablo 3 and Need for speed world to come out Extra Five

Levizan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 am

Levizan wrote:Well when i was young i kinda wasted my life on RuneScape xD
Crappy graphics and wow beats it by miles..
But i have to say at the moment im loving Fallout 3, COD, Mass Effect 2 and im waiting for Diablo 3 and Need for speed world to come out Extra Five

Ooo. I'm waiting for d3 too, although some of the differences to d2 make me kind of suspicious Question
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Olimar wrote:I've been playing Paper Mario a lot recently (you might have guessed from my avatar), not the original but the Gamecube version.

Hint for beating the final boss: (TTYD)
When Peach gets possessed, don't go wasting your FP on trying to break her shieldy invincibility thing. Use the 'Feast' star power if you run out of health, and DON'T use the 'Obliterate' thingy star power. It will cause a script conflict and crash your game.
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Theres a way to become invincible (almost) and have 99 attack power on paper mario TTYD. You need 5 health, at least 50 badge points and about 10 Fp. If anyones interested I'll share it, but I won't waste my breath if no one cares :P
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Fire away.
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok,
After completing the sixth chapter, get all of the arcade cards for extra minigames/prizes by finishing troubles for people. In the arcade get 999 Piantas (3 coins = 1 Pianta) by buying them or by winning minigames. I like the tube game best. Spend all of the Piantas on the badge 'Power Rush', and get as many as you can. They cost 34 Piantas each. Then, if you haven't already, go to Chet Rippo's house and change all your stats to as mentioned previously. This can cost a lot, as to remove 5 hp for 3 badge points it costs 39 coins. Use all of the power rushes, and if your health is at 5 maximum, your attack power gets a massive boost. Anything you attack will practically die instantly, except maybe bosses.
Next, since enemies that hit you outside of battle will kill you (As they then get the first hit) you need the badge 'Chill Out', which blocks enemies from doing this.
Most of the time, you have to battle multiple enemies at once. 'Multibounce' and 'Spike Shield' will help, because you can attack all of the enemies in one turn. If pressing the 'A' button at the right time is something you find hard use the badge 'Simplifier'. Since your FP will probably low a lot of the time from using Multibounce, 'Flower Saver' will help a lot too.
The best partner to have with you is Koops, because if you don't kill an enemy, he can use his Shell Defend attack to save Mario for one turn.
Finally, when you are up against the big bosses, Multibounce won't help much, since you are only attacking one enemy. Use 'Power Bounce'. So long as you press the 'A' button at the right time, you will be able to jump for as long as you like. Because you are dealing so much damage each jump, you can kill bosses instantly.
Good items to have with you are Life Shrooms and anything that can restore FP. Life Shrooms can be bought at the shop on the west side of Rogueport.

Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Wow. But why only 5 HP?
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Power Rush increases your attack power by 2 when you are in danger. By having 5 hp you are always in danger. The whole badge combination is called 'Danger Mario.' Probably because with the set he is in danger, but dangerous!
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Cool.

Here's the alternate:

Tank Mario:

Can't touch this, Na-na-na-na na-na na... OK I'll stop...

Key Badges:

Defend Plus x 2
P-Down D-Up x 1
Damage Dodge x 2
Total BP = 16

Optional Badges:

Power Plus P x 2
HP Drain x 1
P-Up D-Down P x 1
Power Plus x 2
Hammerman x 1
Total BP = 34
Grand (Optional) Total = 50

A few pointers:

1. It's probably best to use this only at the Pit of 100 Trials, as it will lack ability in most other places. Just watch out for Wizzerds, their laser will penetrate your defence.
2. You're going to miss out on quite a bit of attack power, so give your partner some Power Plus badges and have them whale on the enemy from the backfield.
3. In continuation with pointer No. 2, choose either Vivian for defence penetration or Yoshi for raw power.
4. Keep your star gauge high; you'll probably find yourself using Power Lift a lot.
5. Early game goes pretty typical, but mid-game will show the true difficulties. Most of the better badges in this set-up don't show up until Chapter 5, and it's better effects don't add up until Chapter 7 or 8.
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next