Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been hacked!

+2
Olimar
Redweed
6 posters

Go down

I've been hacked! Empty I've been hacked!

Post  Redweed Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 pm

I could not log on so I rang blizzard and they said I have been hacked but they are helping me to get my account back but they have no idea who did it which is a shame because i want to watch him burn in hell. Very Happy
Hopefully i'll be on soon but i'll probably find all my gold missing and a naked dwarf (All gear gone) but they said if i have lost and my stuff they'll get a GM to return it. Smile
Redweed
Redweed
Seeker
Seeker

Back to top Go down

I've been hacked! Empty Re: I've been hacked!

Post  Olimar Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Oh no :O Thanks for telling me though. Hope you get your account back.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

https://nagrandforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Be careful that you don't get any ites you didn't have by mistake Art 3 Art 6
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:36 am

Uff, sorry to hear that man. Don't hesitate to ask for any help if it's needed.

I keep hearing so much about these hackings, and even though Blizzard seems to fix them pretty quick I'm still thinking of getting that authenticator thingy.
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 am

That sucks Redweed. Sad
Glad to hear you got it sorted though. Very Happy
Let it be a lesson to us all that you can't be too careful. I always make sure never to tell anyone that my wow password is YOULLNEVERGETMEHACKERS01
(DOH!)

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:53 am

On the subject of authenticators anyone know where you can get one in the UK?
I tried to download the mobile one but for some reason it isn't compatible with my handset Sad

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:46 am

You can order it from the blizz store, right? Not sure tho, but I think the EU store has them
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 pm

I was hacked too Sad Hopefully I will get my stuff back soon though.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 pm

My uncle uses the authenticator app for iphones, I'd say it was well worth it. and you get get the key fob ones by ordering them from the blizzard store i think.
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Redweed Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 am

I got my stuff now so its ok, i don't know how i got hacked though because i never gave my password away.
Redweed
Redweed
Seeker
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 am

Redweed wrote:I got my stuff now so its ok, i don't know how i got hacked though because i never gave my password away.

If you go to a funky(for example: wowgold4free_com etc.) site you may get a spyware, a keylogger. It reads your passwords like a ninja and sends it to the baddies in China Extra Nine

akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:31 am

Keyloggers are scary and if it was that then you might still have it on your pc, they're difficult to find cuz not all virus searchers search the place where they get hidden. If thats the case you have to like open your computer in safe mode or something like that then you can see the files that the keylogger is in. Too complicated for my small mind. But glad to see you got all your stuff back redweed Extra Five
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Redweed Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Thx for telling me about that guys.
This topic is a waste of space now so i'm changing it so that anyone who gets hacked can post it here.
Redweed
Redweed
Seeker
Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am

How [bleep]ing ironic i got an email (weather real of fake idk) that said my account has been suspended for 24 hours because the comptuer used to access the account has a virus/trojan/keylogger on and i hope the sad [bleep] can read this now cuz hes just attempted to steal an account that runs out of playtime in about 10 minutes so yea (although if they delete Miako I will actually cry and hunt them down and kill them) At least i now have a possible answer as to why some webpages were coming up in chinese yesterday Question AHHHH [bleep]ing [bleep]ed off!!! Evil or Very Mad
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I'd careful of that email Miako. I've had similar ones, asking you to follow the link and my security has picked it up as phishing even though it appears to be from blizzard. I think its one way they try and get your details. I ignored it and my account was never suspended as it claimed.

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 pm

It's all good, it had no links in it to log in on in the first pleace and I was logged in from blizzards site anyways, but its deffo suspended for 24hours, it says so on the account management thing, pfft i wouldnt mind if this wasnt my last 24 hours. (I probs wont be back on for a month or so Sad )
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Well that's just (bleep)ing (bleep) then. You were right the first time. Awww...you'll miss me leveling up to 80 today. I only have to hand one quest in and I'm there. Very Happy

Need to think of a suitable punishment for hackers in the new world. The naughty corner isn't good enough for them.

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:27 pm

The naughty pit. Its a big pit in a zoo that everyone can look in and laugh at whoever has been put in it. Also, it is placed halfway through an underground tube station so as well as getting laughed at you have to avoid the incoming trains.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Aww no i Missed you ding 80 Sad I'm gutted!!! Ahh congratulations anyway Very Happy I've been spending my day manually searching all 351,000 files on my pc in safe mode ahh FML. But on to the good news, as soon as Blizz unsuspend my account I'll log back in. On screen keyboard <3 muahaha suck on that Keylogger Very Happy
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum