Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving the Guild

+2
misscheef
Reapersmith
6 posters

Go down

Leaving the Guild Empty Leaving the Guild

Post  Reapersmith Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:34 pm

All.
I have decided to leave the guild with both BishopSmith and ReaperSmith.
It has got to the point where quantity is more important than quality.
Two guild members were on today boasting about how they made 3 people leave the guild. This was followed by an argument where they were questioning why I was complaining about the language. I believe the two antagonists were Vazoom and another that began with F possibly frostos. And these were officers. If this is what we want in the guild, then I no longer wish to be a part of it.

For the rest of you thanks for the time. It was fun and good to meet many of you.

Thanks

Dale
Reapersmith
Reapersmith
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Guild Empty Re: Leaving the Guild

Post  misscheef Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:48 pm

I think a little reorganisation is called for. Im sorry to see you go Bish, u were always good to chat with. It's unfortunate that some of the teen hormones and bravado have gotten into the general atmosphere of the guild, i have noticed this more, of late due to a recent ex-guildy and his goading and so called 'wind-ups'. Tho i cant put all the blame on this 1 person, as it takes 2 to create an atmosphere...
As the quantity over quality, i must agree with your point. In the 'olden days' of guild recruitment it was the norm to play with a person then invite them if they sat right with you. Sadly now it seems numbers are the way to go if you want your guild Cookies. i have seen several new members ask for help, boosts, etc and get absolutely no response from anyone. This will be addressed also.
I am sure Oli will want a guild to come home to, so i will get the relevant members sorted, new rules/suggestions written up and hopefully save the name of Nameless! Evilkon i will need your help on this 1 Wink
misscheef
misscheef

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Ive heard many stories like this, its a shame when guilds lose themselves. Anyways, hope you're happy wherever you end up Reapersmith Very Happy
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Leaving the Guild Empty Aww so considerate.

Post  Siinner Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Thank you so much Bishop for pointing me out to be an antagonist in this situation, especially when there was hectic insults flying everywhere and I tried to talk to you with reason - which you, unfortunately, was having none of.
You weren't open for discussion, rather repetitively calling us immature and how we thought we were "big" and "hard" in the things we said; Which I my opinion is a very mature and responsible way to handle a situation and not provoke people.
Also I'd like to congratulate you on taking a awkward joke from Florlina about how she'd made two people leave as "bragging".
Yes, she did not take this well, but perhaps this is because she doesn't like to be misinterpreted when she's trying to have a laugh then talked down to.
I explained to you how if to our knowledge there was children online we'd adapt our attitude accordingly.
I sincerely hope you don't decide to twist any of this, thank you for takin the time to express your complaint. Best wishes in your future.

Siinner
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  misscheef Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm

i can't see the guild 'losing itself', tbh. u just cant make everybody get along with everybdy. There sa really good core group of members that keep nameless ticking along nicely, vaz being 1 of them Smile we constantly check to see if ppl r of a tender age and readily encourage them to use their language filter! when 1 or 2 find it hard to cope with, they leave, which is fair enuff. tho they wont find many guilds willing to keep the swearing to absolute nil. wow is a game of massive proportions, u get all sorts of ppl mixed into guilds, deal with it guys or just dont join a guild, stay out of trade chat and keep the filters on! Tbh i find it offensive when ppl decide to leave a guild then slag it off in public, especially when reason has been brought to the discussion.
misscheef
misscheef

Back to top Go down

Post  Siinner Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Also want to add that all the stories you've wad Miako are from Elpope? No?

Siinner
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 am

I didn't say Nameless was, just another guild I know. and no Siinner, Elpope really couldn't care less about his past with you or Nameless, I'd like to think he has better things to do than ***** about old friends lol. We keep him busy in Wrtr anyways :P I was talking about Asylum on Hellscream...such a pity. They used to be a good guild from what I hear, but all they cared about was their member count, then everyone started falling out and the guild went into decline, that's how they ended up merging with LoI. I sincerely hope Nameless doesn't go the same way
=S
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Reapersmith Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:38 am

I think the essence has been lost on what I was trying to say. Why is there a need to swear in the 1st place? Dont get me wrong I am no puritan, I work in the oil industry and in a country where the swearing dictionary is bigger than the normal dictionary and can swear in English/Russian/Kazakh and spanish and often do.
But there is a time and a place. To physicaly take time to type a swear word suggests that it is done with intent. Why not whisper the person?
I agree maybe I was wrong to name names but I do not regret the initial discussion that started this. Others will judge the guild on the people that are in it and the behaviour of those people. Why should I have to ask for someone to stop swearing???
Backwards
Reapersmith
Reapersmith
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 am

Lol the guild fell apart last time I was away at christmas. Oh well, I think this time I just can't be bothered. Sometimes it does seem like you all don't know how much this trouble gets to me. I have to do a lot of stuff, I get a lot of mail every week with people complaining. I do agree we probably have too many members now. But I think this time, I won't act as a peacekeeper. You can all sort it out yourselves.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

https://nagrandforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Siinner Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:58 am

You're claiming that the swearing was at people?
This all started over dark adult humour and people not liking the content of that humour.
Please don't make it out to be abusive swearing at other players which it isn't...
Because that is 10x worse than what it was.

Siinner
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Siinner Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 am

And also Bishop, the part you were there for was te aftermath, the ever ha happened a couple of hours before... So you don't even know what happened.
You were complaining after we said we had used "ba language" and we were talking about what had happened earlier, so interpret it as you will.
Anyway, I've left to prevent my antagonising self from -destroying- Nameless anymore, simply because I'm tired of trying to resolve situations and turning out to be the bad guy.
Even if I party started te situation... Which isn't on purpose.

Siinner
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:11 am

Y'all can stop arguing now, its now bringing the 'negative atmosphere' here, aaaaaannnnd...its Christmas and I wished for a nice one and Lorlina said I could have it Very Happy
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Siinner Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:16 am

That was my last message Smile merry Christmas tomorrow - hope you get what you want :p

Siinner
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am

Merry Christmas to you too Siinner, hope you have a nice time Smile
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 pm

I think something will get sorted out, sorry Siinner :P I know you always are good hearted... Everyone should know that too.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

https://nagrandforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Peace and goodwill and all that Smile

Leave the arguements till next year guys.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all Very Happy

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:17 am

Merry Christmas!
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin