Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broadband...whos good and whos not

5 posters

Go down

broadband...whos good and whos not Empty broadband...whos good and whos not

Post  Harmonious Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 am

After some advice please nice people Very Happy

I'm moving to my new apartment next week. As if this wasn't bad enough just before Christmas, I've just found out from Virgin that they can't provide broadband to my new place. Not overly fond of Virgin but their 20 meg broadband has always been really good and I'm worried about how much my performance is going to drop.

Can anyone recommend from personal experience who is a good service provider? Sky would be my cheapest option as I have TV through them but, unless they've improved, their broadband used to be plop. Any ideas please?

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

broadband...whos good and whos not Empty Re: broadband...whos good and whos not

Post  misscheef Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:39 pm

we use talk talk, i wuddnt recommend anyone getting into a contract with them, simply because they have poor customer service, they r tight with their bandwidth, deny that any line faults are theirs, make u pay for new modems(which aren't shy of breaking). But, they are chep lol. i guess thats a case of 'u get what u pay for' ;p
misscheef
misscheef

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:05 pm

hmm, we use sky. our broadband is fine, at least, i think it's suitable. although apparently we got upgraded to express class without even being told. like, they only told us after it was fully upgraded. it's like 1.5 times as expensive as the most expensive package before it, but our broadband is unlimited!

You could get a deal with tesco broadband, i've never had problems with them... although it's best to exploit loopholes as much as possible before they find out, then claim that you found the loophole, and didn't use it for your own ends.

my dad finally nagged my mother to do something long enough for her to do it! she upgraded to sky+, but now they make you get HD as well, and that costs even more!
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:33 am

Thanks guys Smile

I'll give Talk Talk a miss then, but then imo Sky's customer services are terrible as well. I'll give them a ring anyway as I think I'm paying for broadband as part of my package with them even though I don't use it Shocked . When I did a speed check for Sky and Plusnet for my new place they're both saying I'll only get 3.5 mb download speeds though on an upto 20mb connection Exclamation . Guess I'm just going to have to get used to having slow internet.

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:55 am

Noooo Sky is awful! I get 4.5k ms lag...Although that might be because I share the connection with 2 other laptops, my phone and a desktop Question
Virgin have the quickest obvs but I Sky will be alright for you I guess Smile
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:41 am

Well theres only me so I guess it shouldn't be too bad. I have my pc plugged in and then my laptop on wireless but they're hardly on together. I'm more worried about trying to get it sorted soon. Just got cata through today (finally, its been on pre-order since July 28th..thanks Amazon) and now Sky are telling me it might take 2 weeks to connect me Sad .

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 am

Thats balls, it doesnt take 2 weeks. They could do it within 2 days if they pulled their fingers out!
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 am

I will tell them you said so Miako.

I'm leaving the pc at the house anyways until its up and running so no worries. I don't have anything to sit on yet which probs should be more of an issue. Can you do something about delivery times of sofas as well please? Very Happy

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  akuseri Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am

If anyone wants to know, I'm using TeliaSonera, comes with the rent so it's free to use. I've had no problems with my ISP Very Happy

But unless you live in Finland this information is of little use to you, hahaaa :o
akuseri
akuseri
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down