Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy xiv

4 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy xiv Empty Final Fantasy xiv

Post  Kilt Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 am

Just a heads up. Don't bother to even think about looking at FF IV or whatever it is. I lost several hours of my life trying to play that god-awful game and I want them back. Really nice graphics, with fantastic character modelling and awesome model animation. Howeever.... WORST. UI. EVER. And I really mean that. I felt like I was trying to play the game with mittens on. Believe it or not, you have to go through a multi-layer menu to get to ANYTHING, including inventory, character stats. To compare items, look at the item you are wanting to buy. KK. Now, stop talking to the vendor, open the menu and navigate down to your inventory and open that up. Click on the item you want to look at and check out the stats. Then navigate back out of the menu, click on the vendor and find your item if you want to buy it. Yep. It's that bad.

Final fantasy fans say 'Yeah, but you can create pretty much any macro you want to'. They don't mention you need to spend hours on forums learning how to use the crappy macro system, just so you can set up a hotkey for your inventory. How F**king lazy are the devs that they can't spend 5 minutes on the UI?

Want more? You have to target the enemy in order to attack them. "Sure, that's standard' I hear you say. Yeah, you have to do that for every skill you use. That's right. Oh and if you use a spell, you have to target, use the spell, then click on the target to say that you are attacking that target... and there is no auto-attack.

The really fun part of the game is that they have made the mouse pointer software driven from within the game. This is to try and stop mouse macroing, but ends up with you fighting with the laggiest mouse you have ever seen. Move the mouse - wait for 1-2 seconds for it to move.

Ah, I feel better now. Consider yourselves warned.

Kilt
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy xiv Empty Re: Final Fantasy xiv

Post  Harmonious Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks for this Kilt.
I was actually considering giving this ago for a while but you've convinced me otherwise. I've been playing Final Fantasy 13 on the Xbox and really enjoyed it but you can just dip in and out, you don't have to dedicate your time to it like an MMO. Thanks for saving me the time, money and effort Very Happy

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  misscheef Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am

Brave Kilt. A big thankyou for venturing into the realms of FFonline on our behalf (hehe) i'll steer clear and dig out the old PS2 to fix my FF cravings! Have a stack of Cookies Cookies1 Cookies1 Cookies1 Cookies1 Cookies1 x

p.s i want that puppy ><
misscheef
misscheef

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am

omg lol I been playing a lot of the legendary game of the series, FFI. The very first. It's awesome Very Happy
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum