Unofficial Nagrand Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP 3 - Xanadu

+2
Lorlina
Olimar
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

RP 3 - Xanadu - Page 5 Empty Re: RP 3 - Xanadu

Post  Lorlina Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm

"Hmm... in case you haven't noticed, we're stranded here." to which words Mikobi pointed at the empty expanse in front of them, seperating the bridge from the cliff face, "If you wanna jump, be my guest. But I'm going to explore the Ice Citadel. I have a weird feeling that the exit lies within it, or something that will aid our journey, or some valuable treasure, or something generally helpful." And with that he got up, turned around, and walked into the Ice Citadel.
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 pm

((Was reading through the posts trying to decide what to do next and just noticed your note about your short story assessment, Lorlina. Someone put down 'unobservant' on describe the poster above you please. Hope 'For Always' was useful in some way. Let us know how your assessment went. Anyways...))

During the commotion that Geddy had inadvertently created, Moon barely noticed the strange man in the brown fedora press something into his palm. An old woman selling flowers finally spoke up, "The Kranky Kraken is down that way. Turn left at the fish market."

Thanking her, they hurried away from the crowd. "I think when we get to the inn, Geddy, it may be better if you let me do the talking. You seem to have a rare talent for drawing attention."

The fish market was easy to find, both by smell and by the seagulls that hovered noisily above. It was there that Moon became aware of the paper folded into his palm. A smile flashed across his face as he read the note and he grasped Geddy by the shoulder. "Haha, things have just taken a turn for the better. Good old Mikobi and Kayleigh, I shouldn't have doubted them. Lets sort out this boat and then we just wait for them to arrive."

The Kranky Kraken was a short distance up a narrow cobbled street. It stood out from the other buildings around, both by the sign that hung above the door and the raucous commotion that emanated from within. The sign hung sadly down above the wooden door as if the bolts had long since given up hope of holding it against the wall. It did indeed appear to show a kraken but whether it was kranky or not was hard to tell as it was scarred by a large hole and several crossbow arrows protruded from it. Moon pushed open the door and they were immersed by the sound of singing and shouting and the yeasty smell of ale. They fought their way through to the bar and ordered two huge tankards of ale. Moon looked at the murky liquid and pushed it to one side. Geddy drained his.

"Is there a Captain Jonah Blackweed here?" Moon asked the barmaid. She replied by pointing to a bull of a man sat across from them. Scars crisscrossed his bearded face and an eyepatch covered his left eye. As they got closer, they saw his left leg from the knee down had been replaced by a stout wooden peg.

"He looks like a proper Captain, " said Geddy, as he started to down Moon's ale.

"Captain Jonah Blackweed?" said Moon as they arrived at the table. Instead of replying, the man looked down to the side of him. There was a wooden pram and within sat a small infant, no more than two years old. He wore a child's pirate hat and a babygro decorated with the skull and crossbones. He cradled a bottle to his lips that was filled with what suspiciously looked like ale. He removed the teat from his mouth and spoke in a surprisingly deep voice.

"I be Captain Blackweed. Pleased to make your aquaintance," he held out his tiny hand, which Moon had to kneel down to shake. He nodded over to the bearded man. "That there be Nanny. Now how can I be of assistance?"

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

((Excellent post Harmy XD made me laugh more than once. That post could very well win you a prize if we finish this RP and bother to do prizes like RP1))

Geddy piped up, already slurring his speech. 'We need a boat... a big, big one... otherwise, otherwise, you can stuff your bottle right up-' He fell off his chair and was asleep.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

https://nagrandforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Mikobi wandered around the fortified village, unaware of whether or not Kayleigh was following him. It was deserted. There were houses, shops, taverns, and a snow fountain too. But everything was deserted. There wasn't a breath of life. Mikobi strolled casually into a shop and looked around. There was stock... just... nobody to sell it. He went into an inn, and slipslided his way up ice stairs. Under the bed he found an important looking trinket RP 3 - Xanadu - Page 5 Rp3_im10. At the back of the citadel there was a grand ice palace...
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:22 pm

"What cha got there Mikobi?" Kayleigh inquired. After much internal debate she had decided to follow Mikobi, it didn't seem wise to split up.
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 am

((Just adding to my last post))

Geddy woke up in a cold room. He was on top of a bed, lying down. The room was old, a lot of the furniture was broken. Geddy wondered what had happened last night. Then he realised-

'Uuhhhhhh......'

-he had a horrendous headache. He stayed and waited for Moon to come. He'd know what to do, Geddy thought. This headache was like none he had ever had before.
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm

"I... don't know. Looks important though." he replied, staring at the palace. Then, he drifted towards it, as if in a trance, unaware of Kayleigh's aprehensive calling or her irritated footsteps after him.

Something stirred in one of the central towers as Mikobi set foot in the glacial courtyard. It could only mean trouble...

((lol thx Harmy. Had to hand in the first draft today.))
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Sorry we won't be able to finish this.

Copied from my most recent topic in the chat section.
Made my decision - I'm gonna close down the site. As of tomorrow (Tuesday) it will be read-only. This will eliminate arguements. The other option was to ban people, but this way no one will hate me and we can all just get on with our lives.
I'm not sad to be doing this - I'm sacrificing this website for all my friends' well being. It is amazing how far you can go for friends.

Good luck all, have fun.
Byeeeeeeeeee
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm

(( I suppose I sorta ruined the ending of this in that other topic :P but shall we carry it on anyway?))
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Miako Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

((I don't see why not Smile ))
Miako
Miako
Advanced
Advanced

http://www.weruletherealm.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

((lol i still don't get it, so I'm fine :P, I believe we're currently waiting on the couple?))
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olimar Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:36 pm

((lol we all need to meet up again :P will go quicker then. Harmy, I think in our part of this it is your turn :P ))
Olimar
Olimar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonious Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 pm

((Will post tomorrow...I didn't realise we were carrying it on sorry Sad ...glad we are though Very Happy ))

Harmonious
Advanced
Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm

((3 days later...))
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorlina Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Mikobi stared at the crystalline fountain, and, for the first time, actually noticed how cold he was (y'know, being in caves of ice 'nd all). He pushed open the front door of the frozen domain, and his eye was instantly caught by an ornately fashioned mirror to his left. He held up the important looking trinket (ilt for short) and watched in amazement as the mirror clouded over...
Lorlina
Lorlina
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum